Saturday, January 1, 2011

you say you want a resolution

As I look back over the year, I think to myself, what did I accomplish? I certainly did a lot on the mom front. My son went from a little crawler to a tentative walker then runner and crazy talker. I navigated these changes learning all the way how best to care for, teach and handle an active toddler.


What did I do for myself? Um, not much. I dabbled in some exercise. Sporadically sewed (though I did get it together for a little shop on Etsy). Other than that, I am not sure I accomplished much.


I have been thinking. What if I resolved to learn or do something new (to me) every day? Too ambitious? Maybe every week to start. It doesn't have to be extreme. I don't envision jumping out of an airplane one day and then snowboarding the next. I just want to learn more, try more and do more. I think it will make me a better person. Someone not afraid to take a risk, make a mistake or embarrass myself (I do that on a regular basis anyway).


As I love to do, I'll start a list. I won't claim to have "a bucket list." This is just to get the juices flowing.
  • poach an egg (inspired by Julie & Julia)
  • go zip-lining (we do have this in Missouri)
  • go to a movie by myself
  • make homemade cinnamon rolls
  • install an electrical outlet (on the home improvement to do list)
This may seem small and ridiculous but I know I can come up with some good stuff. It may not change the world but it will help change my world and those in it.

So with that, I think the position of this blog may change a little. Just want to keep track of all the things I am "learning" and "doing." Hope that you find something that makes you a little happy camper just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment